If you are not a current subscriber and wish to hunt for a day with the QH or are a current subscriber but wish to hunt on a day to which you do not subscribe, you must book with the Hunt Secretary (see the Contact page) and are expected to pay in advance.
From 2023-4 season onwards, if you are a member of Melton Hunt Club (MHC) and wish to have a reduced-rate day with the QH, you should book and pay direct to QH Hunt Secretary and not MHC.
If you wish to subscribe or to buy a book of day-tickets, please contact and then pay the Hunt Secretary by bank transfer.
How to book caps
- You should email the Secretary specifying the day and date (and further names if you are booking for a group)
- The Secretary will check that there are no restrictions on the number of non-subscriber places (caps) for that day and that neither you nor anyone else you are booking for (if you are booking for others as well as yourself) has exceeded the number of caps each individual is allowed in the current season
- Assuming everything is OK, the Secretary will then email you to offer a provisional place for that day and possibly with a booking reference number
How to pay
- You then pay your cap by bank transfer. QH regular and MHC reduced rate cap payments must be made by bank transfer to The Quorn Hunt account 00590778 sort code 60-93-03 (Weatherbys Bank Ltd). Please contact the Hunt Secretary here if you have problems doing so.
- If, nevertheless, you still wish to pay in cash or by cheque on the day you hunt, you MUST agree this with the Secretary beforehand.
- If you are subsequently unable to hunt, you should notify the Secretary as soon as possible. Anyone giving less than 48 hours notice of cancellation will not have their cap refunded but it may be 'banked' with the Secretary for use on a future day. Caps will, however, be refundable if that day's hunting is subsequently cancelled by the Hunt but not if the day is cut short or starts late.
Cap pricesThe normal (not MHC) cap prices are given on the Subscriptions page.
Please do not make any payment until you have received a provisional place from the appropriate Secretary.
If you have a confirmed booking but have queries about the meet venue, parking, second horse venue and the like, please contact the Secretary.